Hi blog-audience! I can see my lat blog post was May 29 - so much has happened since then. I'll cover the highlights.
Jeff and I met in Barcelona for 6 days, traveled on to Zermatt, Switzerland. From there to Cologne, then a weekend in Amsterdam. It was a great trip. There were the usual setbacks - my flight to Barcelona was cancelled, 4 hours after scheduled takeoff, my purse was stolen in Barcelona, and the authentic Barcelona meal left me with a night of throwing up. But we still had an awesome time!!
One of the things that really worked was the contrasts in the trip. Barcelona is beautiful, with all the Modernisme architecture, delightful shopping, and reasonable prices. It is also a big, dirty city. The weather was warm, but not hot. We then flew from Barcelona to Zurich. It turns out that I had only booked my ticket, so we got a good laugh out of that. Then had to book Jeff a last minute ticket.
In Switzerland we bought a SwissRail pass for 3 days, then took a train to xxxx, boat to xxx, then on to Visp. A cog rail took us to Zermatt, where we spent a few days viewing the incredible mountainous landscapes. Large mountains - small towns, a delightful combination. Having travelled carryon, I was a bit challenged with clothing for both climates, plus the fact I can never keep anything clean.
From there, train to plane to Koln.
No comments:
Post a Comment